Ok ladies, you’ve got this amazing 3D fiber lash mascara and now want to know the best ways of applying it, how to get the best results. What I would say – even after following the tips below – practice, practice, practice. The more you use it the better you’ll get at applying it and know what works for your lashes.
In addition to your mascara, I recommend you invest in a decent lash comb, this really will make a big difference to the results you get from your 3D lash mascara.
Before you start, this is optional – but I curl my lashes with eye lash curlers prior to applying my 3D fiber lash mascara, but this is optional …
- Ok to start with – some instructions suggest applying a coat of your regular mascara to your lashes, and allow to dry before applying your 3D lash mascara. This is entirely personal preference though – test it and find out what works best for your lashes. Personally I don’t. Mainly because I don’t want the hassle or cost of having 2 mascaras? Like why would you want to have 2? You’ve bought the 3d fiber lash – so use it as your day to day mascara. What I do sometimes do is apply one coat of the mascara gel to my lashes first and allow to dry – as a prep coat. But sometimes I apply into bare lashes too. Find what works for you!
- Apply a coat of mascara gel to eye 1. Comb through with your lash comb.
- Apply a coat of fibers to eye 1. Now use your comb to brush the loose fibers off the lashes and keep them separated. Comb from underneath the lashes, but also on top/over the lashes.
- Then apply another coat of mascara gel to eye 1.
- Wait 10-20 seconds to dry a little, and then comb through your lashes again to separate.
- Repeat steps 1-6 on eye 2.
- Then I apply a coat of the mascara gel (minus the fibers) to my lower lashes also.
- If you want to apply another application to create even longer lashes, repeat steps 2-6 again but focusing on just applying the gel mascara and fibers on the tips, you don’t need to do the mid sections of the lashes again. You’re building length remember, and focusing on the tips will reduce any chance of clumping.
The more you use the mascara, the better you’ll get at applying and also you’ll get faster. If you find that you’re getting some small fibers falling onto your cheeks, you need to apply more mascara gel in step 4 – to seal the fibers.
As you use it more, you’ll also be able to create different effects, such as longer, flicked lashes at the outer eye, natural effects as well as the full false lash effect.
Love your lashes, and treat them to 3D fiber lash mascara every day!